1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

received no certified letter before foreclosure

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by msotas, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msotas

msotas Law Topic Starter New Member

I never received a certified letter prior to my house going into foreclosure or prior to the bank buying it back. Is that legal or can I have the foreclosure proceedings reversed so that I can buy my house back. Is a certified letter mandatory in order for a foreclosure to legally move forward?

2. dee_dub

dee_dub Moderator

What is your jurisdiction?

Was it a judicial foreclosure (declared by the court) or non-judicial (under power of sale clause in the loan contract)?

3. msotas

non-judicial

The foreclosure was not done in court. It was non-judicial.

4. msotas

It did not happen in happen so I believe it was non-judicial

5. dee_dub

dee_dub Moderator

The lender is usually required to send a Notice of Default. Your state law might also require the lender to have sent a Notice of Delinquency prior to starting the foreclosure proceeding. If you received nothing from them, I would first suggest contacting them to see what their records show. If they in fact didn't send these, you might be able to have them start over because you didn't receive adequate notice.

msotas likes this.