Realtor gave code to buyer. realtors husband is doing reno/conflict of interest

K

keke5656

We are selling our home in Ohio, it is vacant. A realtor gave our code to someone looking at our house. Our realtor caught them trying to get in and thats how we found out. She let them in as they were interested in the house and had looked with their realtor earlier in the day.

They put an offer in. After back and forth they did inspections. we got a 70 page report of all the things wrong with the house, a separate list with about 20 things they were looking to have fixed (a lot of them pertaining to the basement should one be looking to renovate), and an estimate on about ten of the items from a local company. I was very confused at the random estimate. That local company.. the realtors husbands...

We installed a radon system today per the repair request and now the buys are freaking about the way we mitigated the asbestos. (i think they wanted it removed for their basement renovation). We have had a separate environmental company come out and give us a clear write up on how it was done safely and perfectly fine. This separate company also found that a door was unlocked from when the realtor, her husbands company, and their asbestos guy were there days after we did the repair work.

Her husbands company is also the one doing the basement renovation. They had no need to be going back into the house to do estimates on work they plan on doing after they close.

I am rambling but so pissed. this woman has made this whole thing a nightmare. I want to know if we have anything here. I want her to be punished for allowing them into our house and giving the code and her obvious conflict of interest.

We are selling our home in Ohio, it is vacant. A realtor gave our code to someone looking at our house. Our realtor caught them trying to get in and thats how we found out. She let them in as they were interested in the house and had looked with their realtor earlier in the day.

They put an offer in. After back and forth they did inspections. we got a 70 page report of all the things wrong with the house, a separate list with about 20 things they were looking to have fixed (a lot of them pertaining to the basement should one be looking to renovate), and an estimate on about ten of the items from a local company. I was very confused at the random estimate. That local company.. the realtors husbands...

We installed a radon system today per the repair request and now the buys are freaking about the way we mitigated the asbestos. (i think they wanted it removed for their basement renovation). We have had a separate environmental company come out and give us a clear write up on how it was done safely and perfectly fine. This separate company also found that a door was unlocked from when the realtor, her husbands company, and their asbestos guy were there days after we did the repair work.

Her husbands company is also the one doing the basement renovation. They had no need to be going back into the house to do estimates on work they plan on doing after they close.

I am rambling but so pissed. this woman has made this whole thing a nightmare. I want to know if we have anything here. I want her to be punished for allowing them into our house and giving the code and her obvious conflict of interest.

You hired the realtor.
You have a contract.
I suggest you read that contract in its entirety.
You might wish to pay extra close attention about how disputes are to addressed.

Sorry, nothing to see here which would lead to a successful lawsuit against your realtor.

This was the buyers realtor that gave them the code. She had shown the house earlier in the day and they really liked it. They wanted to go back later that day and their realtor gave them the code. Its also her husband that owns the company that will renovate the basement. Many of their requests had to do with their renovation. (not habitability at all)

This was the buyers realtor that gave them the code. She had shown the house earlier in the day and they really liked it. They wanted to go back later that day and their realtor gave them the code. Its also her husband that owns the company that will renovate the basement. Many of their requests had to do with their renovation. (not habitability at all)

Nothing wrong or illegal about the buyer's agent having her husband involved.

You have the option of refusing the repairs (hope you put a limit on repairs in your sales contract) and let this buyer walk.

Your issues stem from your contract, and the right of your realtor to use the infamous MLS.

Your problem is why many people have taken to selling their own homes.

In a home for sale by owner offering, the seller, has many more options.

I've sold many homes over the years.

I've kept the deal simple, meaning, buy it as it is.

When you allow the buyer to dictate the terms of your sale, your living nightmare result is all but inevitable.

Back