Race discrimination at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atarhpe

I work in a big company in New York and my boss is a jerk and doesn't like me. I also noticed that he doesn't treat people who are the same race as I do very well and he always makes us do the terrible jobs nobody wants. I really need my job and he knows this so he has all of us doing the bad work. We are all on the same level but it's always the same people of the same race doing the same thing. He is a minority and I think he has it in for us. Is there anything I can do?

I work in a big company in New York and my boss is a jerk and doesn't like me. I also noticed that he doesn't treat people who are the same race as I do very well and he always makes us do the terrible jobs nobody wants. I really need my job and he knows this so he has all of us doing the bad work. We are all on the same level but it's always the same people of the same race doing the same thing. He is a minority and I think he has it in for us. Is there anything I can do?

Find another job.

(Perhaps he's picking up on your feelings towards him, too)

He can't discriminate against you or a group of you just because of your race. However; if he is treating you "badly" just because he doesn't like you, there isn't much you can do except look for other employment.

If you or the group of you believe you are being discriminated against due to your race, you can always try filing a complaint with the EEOC or the N.Y. Division of Human Rights & let them investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back