1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Race discrimination at work

Discussion in 'Discrimination & Sexual Harassment' started by Atarhpe, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atarhpe

Atarhpe Law Topic Starter New Member

I work in a big company in New York and my boss is a jerk and doesn't like me. I also noticed that he doesn't treat people who are the same race as I do very well and he always makes us do the terrible jobs nobody wants. I really need my job and he knows this so he has all of us doing the bad work. We are all on the same level but it's always the same people of the same race doing the same thing. He is a minority and I think he has it in for us. Is there anything I can do?

2. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

Find another job.

(Perhaps he's picking up on your feelings towards him, too)

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

He can't discriminate against you or a group of you just because of your race. However; if he is treating you "badly" just because he doesn't like you, there isn't much you can do except look for other employment.

If you or the group of you believe you are being discriminated against due to your race, you can always try filing a complaint with the EEOC or the N.Y. Division of Human Rights & let them investigate.