Quit claim deed fraud? How to get help? what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblack1

3 years ago I was a soldier getting out of the army. I tried to sell my home with no success and needed to go back to new york. So I used a rental company in oklahoma to rent out my home. When I left the mortgage was up to date and paid for the next month a few months later i received a forclosure notice stating i was in default for 3 months. When I called the real estate company they told me they had section 8 renters and did not get enough to pay the mortgage yet no payment at all was made. The woman I had been working with offered an idea to do a quit claim deed with us through the company. She said she would be the one managing the property. We signed the house over to whom we assumed ( bad idea) was in charge of the company. When our insurance comany called to find out why we still had insurance on the property they explain that they new owners should have it. They are to send us a check from the date she took ownership. The woman we were dealing with told us the "owners" wanted the money and sent an email we have saved stating the "owners need thier money" and that she is the property owner. We asked her if she was related due to same last name and she said no. When the insurance company called us and told us they would be resending the check due to wrong adress we tried to contact the property "manager" through the real estate company. The real estate company then explain that she had been terminated they could not tell us any more info because she was under investigation by them and that they had no records of our property, she was also unlicensed and never had a license. My husband got her cell number after seeing her facebook seeing that her name and work place was the same as the "owner" and she was using her middle name as a first name. We explained that we knew and she said it didnt matter that she had been making the monthly payments. I check my mortgage statements and saw that she did not pay on time in may. I explained to her that if she defaulted it was in writing she had to return the deed to us. She refused and said that she will when we give her the insurance money. i DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO !!! I feel as though I have been scammed

You have been scammed. Actually you've been defrauded. You may have been culpable in your own fleecing. I suggest you immediately contact the police agency in the town where the home is located. That could get a fire lit under her.
It may not get you your property back, however.
For that, you may need to retain an attorney. You should also contact the mortgage holder. They might be able to assist you. Eventually, you might wish to speak with an attorney. You have a very big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back