Questions from a young wife/mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrmom2008

I married my high school sweetheart about a week before he was to leave the state for Boot Camp. We were happy and wanted to start our family. After the 3 months of training, we decided to get pregnant. I stayed with my parents while he moved to another state where he was stationed at for the next year. I had the baby and still I stayed at home for fear of moving and then the following month needing to move back because my husband was deploying. He ended up deploying the beginning of 09. I quit my job to stay home with our son. Now we are having problems and I still have no job to speak of. One of my biggest fear is that my husband will come home and not like what he comes home to and asks for a divorce. My biggest fear though is that along with that divorce, he will try to file for custody of our son. And the court grant him custody because he is the one with a secure job and is able to provide for our son. My question is, can that happen. Can my not having a job make for a greater chance of me losing my son?

You and the other girl need to get together and talk. Both of you married military men and before he gets back you are talking divorce. Why don't you just give your Marriage a try before worrying about losing custody of your baby. You can't be having that much trouble when HE ISN'T EVEN IN THE STATES. If you are cheating on him, yes you stand a chance at being vilified in the court and losing your child to him. If you are you might deserve it.

If you are already talking divorce and you haven't even lived together since he got back, what kind of commitment and maturity were you working with when you got married. Go make your marriage work and stop planning your divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back