question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgraham723

What can I do if my boss refuses to pay time 1/2 and bases the work week from saturday to friday to send me home early on friday and lose my saturday overtimr hours?

If I am understanding you correctly, nothing. Your boss is under no legal obligation to allow you to work overtime. It is 100% legal to send you home early so that you do not incur any overtime hours.

Agree, your employer sets your hours & can adjust them so that you do not incur overtime hours on Sat. unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

365. 366 in a leap year. Seriously, it is not addressed in the law. In certain circumstaces your employer my be required to pay you additional money for working more than a certain number of days in a row (this is rare and varies by state).

There are a few, a very few, states where an employer can only require that you work six days in a work week. You will have to identify your state to determine if yours is one of them. There are also a few industries that have limits.

Barring those few exceptions, see Elle's answer.

There are a few states that have a "one day off in seven" rule (though the way it is applied & the establishments it applies to varies by state). There are also a few jobs where you can only work so many days in a row - such as airline pilot.

However, in the vast majority of cases Elle's info applies. (365/366)

The OP mentioned "contract". Is there an actual contract?

Hijack for a moment. Hi DAWW - glad you came over. I will send a PM to Michael (thelawprofessor) so he knows you're from "AHI" & will upgrade you from registered user to a higher level with more privileges.

We don't know if there is a current contract or not & if it's being breached, DAWW. I guess there could be a contract being breached or it could be a general question. I think we who responded didn't assume a contract breach. We'll see if OP comes back & answers.

Last edited:
"Contract" is one of those words which in theory can alter the answer. On the other hand, people sometimes just use the word in other then the legal manner.

Agree, though even if there is a contract - there may not be any breach of it. (depending on what it says - ie, they are making them work more days than contract allows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back