Question regarding filing a small claims suit

A

adaniels

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was a resident of a local apartment community in Williamson County for three years. I provided a 60 day notice in writing per my lease agreement that I would not be renewing. I returned the keys on the last day of my lease as well as paid nearly $200 to a professional cleaning service to make sure the place was in better condition than when I moved in.

After I left I expected to have my deposits refunded but that has not been the case. It took several weeks to even obtain the statement itemizing my refund. I have initiated contact with the management office as well as those in their corporate office location and my calls are not being returned.

It appears they are unwilling to return the deposits owed to me and I am looking to file a small claims suit. I am having difficulty determining when I file, who I need to name because I've read conflicting information online. Some have said I need to name someone in their corporate office in Dallas and others saying it's not necessary.

My question is how do I begin this process because I want to do it right the first time? I'd like information on where to file as well as who needs to be named.

I was a resident of a local apartment community in Williamson County for three years. I provided a 60 day notice in writing per my lease agreement that I would not be renewing. I returned the keys on the last day of my lease as well as paid nearly $200 to a professional cleaning service to make sure the place was in better condition than when I moved in.

After I left I expected to have my deposits refunded but that has not been the case. It took several weeks to even obtain the statement itemizing my refund. I have initiated contact with the management office as well as those in their corporate office location and my calls are not being returned.

It appears they are unwilling to return the deposits owed to me and I am looking to file a small claims suit. I am having difficulty determining when I file, who I need to name because I've read conflicting information online. Some have said I need to name someone in their corporate office in Dallas and others saying it's not necessary.

My question is how do I begin this process because I want to do it right the first time? I'd like information on where to file as well as who needs to be named.

KISS

Keep it simple, sir.

You file in the JP Court where the apartment is located.
You need to know the place and precinct of where you formerly resided.

It's that simple, and you name the manager of the complex and the apartment complex as defendants.

She or he normally notifies the corporation.

Small claims is easy.

Back