Question on how to get a no contact order

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheknurpulse

I am wanting to put a no contact order on someone. I don't want an order of protection, I was told that is something totally different. Can I do a no contact order myself or does it have to go through an attorney?

I am wanting to put a no contact order on someone. I don't want an order of protection, I was told that is something totally different. Can I do a no contact order myself or does it have to go through an attorney?

That would depend on the facts that you chose not to share with this forum.

I am wanting to put a no contact order on my Mother-in-law. I do not want her to have any contact with our family. She has caused some big problems and we do not want her to have any contact. I want something legal to give her. That way if she ever does contact this family again I can do something legally.

I am wanting to put a no contact order on my Mother-in-law. I do not want her to have any contact with our family. She has caused some big problems and we do not want her to have any contact. I want something legal to give her. That way if she ever does contact this family again I can do something legally.

You need an actual valid reason to obtain a no-contact order.

So, what has she done?

Do you NEED to keep entertaining her phone calls/texts/emails/whatever it is that she's doing?

What are you doing to mitigate?

What you seek, you might not be able to get.

How does her SON feel about this order?

Why not simply avoid her?

If she comes around, you don't have to allow her in your home.

That is much easier than spinning your wheels getting an Order of Protection "because she causes trouble".

You gotta have more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back