Question About Judge's Conduct/Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adverse

I am going to leave out a lot, so as to not distract from my question.

We had incriminating audio and video recordings to use to get a restraining order against a neighbor of ours, a person is is well-connected locally.

When the judge came in, he said he did not have time to listen to or watch any of it, that he just wanted the evidence presented verbally, since we were there to do that.

Can a judge do that, and how common/uncommon is it, to not allow a victim to present their evidence?

Did you get the restraining order?

Keep in mind that the judge can do most anything he wants. You MIGHT have the ability to appeal or re-file, but that depends entirely upon the laws in your un-named state.

If you really want to know how to get this done, you might consider consulting an attorney.

- Carl

Just to confirm Carl's post……..Judges have tons of case load and have the discretion to leave out what they want in the interest of serving everyone timely……….He should see the evidence if he feels it could affect the outcome of his ruling……..If he did not and you feel it would have affected his decision, it is a good ground for appeal. The judge is a king in his chamber. They do that sometimes………….You can't jump to the conclusion that it is because the guy is well connect………But again who knows, everything is possible…..

You have answered my question, that a judge is King/Queen of the courtroom.

As the matter is current, I won't say more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back