Quantum

Ed Wash

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I'm an attorney licensed in Louisiana. My son had an accident in Las Vegas. His injuries were soft tissue injuries. My question is how are the general damages (pain and suffering) calculated here in Las Vegas, Nevada. I know how to calculate them in Louisiana -- 1500 to 2500 per month of treatment. But, I'm looking for a similar formula or method of calculating damages for an auto accident in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Thank you.

I'm an attorney licensed in Louisiana. My son had an accident in Las Vegas. His injuries were soft tissue injuries. My question is how are the general damages (pain and suffering) calculated here in Las Vegas, Nevada. I know how to calculate them in Louisiana -- 1500 to 2500 per month of treatment. But, I'm looking for a similar formula or method of calculating damages for an auto accident in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Thank you.
Your son should ask his Vegas attorney that question.

Did you read the TOS of this site?
And seriously? You are an attorney and don't know how to look up the formula for pain and suffering in Nevada? Odd.

Last edited:
And seriously? You are an attorney and don't know how to look up the formula for pain and suffering in Nevada? Odd.

No, not odd. There is not a hard fixed formula in any state I'm familiar with, though there are rules of thumb that attorneys develop from experience in what kinds of awards are given in their area. It's not like there is a site that tells you for each state some exact formula that can be applied in every case. IMO the snark is not appropriate.

No, not odd. There is not a hard fixed formula in any state I'm familiar with, though there are rules of thumb that attorneys develop from experience in what kinds of awards are given in their area. It's not like there is a site that tells you for each state some exact formula that can be applied in every case. IMO the snark is not appropriate.
I wasn't being snarky...I was surprised.

My question is how are the general damages (pain and suffering) calculated here in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm looking for a similar formula or method of calculating damages for an auto accident in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Thank you.

I'll make an effort at collegiality that was drummed into our heads way back in law school, that I sometimes forget to observe today.

There are many online calculators that one can use, or start with the one you use in LA.

Once you're more familiar with NV accident law, you will be able to tweak your initial estimate.

I hope this helps.

A few Nevada attorneys chime in with thoughts that you MIGHT find useful as you swim in uncharted waters:

Damages for "Pain And Suffering" in a Nevada Injury Lawsuit

Can I Get Compensation for Pain and Suffering? - Las Vegas Injury Attorneys | Henness & Haight

What is Pain and Suffering? | Las Vegas, NV | Cap & Kudler

Pain and Suffering Damages | Uber Settlement | Las Vegas, Nevada

Best of luck to you, counselor.

Back