Purchased car no title Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an update, actually its a happy ending.
I ended up filing charges against the owner of the vehicle, theft by deception.
After the officer talked with the mother, she says she can make installments back to me, but
wants the car back now. I said she doesn't get the car back until paid back in full.
She didn't like that, so I continued with the charges. I said the police will be issuing a warrant for arrest for your daughter.(this is what the police told me). Two days later, she called back and said I have your $5000. We met up and exchanged the car for my $5000 cash back.

Never buy a car private party without a clear title!

Plus, make sure you have the vehicle you MIGHT buy inspected by YOUR mechanic and do a CarFax:

CARFAX™ - Shop, Buy, Own, & Sell Used Cars

Even after all of that, if you still have doubts, walk away!

I agree that CarFax should be used when purchasing a vehicle, but one must remember that the information on CarFax should be assumed to be incomplete, at best. If something shows up on CarFax, it almost definitely is true. If something doesn't show up on CarFax, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not all repairs, etc., have to be reported to CarFax - it is completely voluntary.

I agree that CarFax should be used when purchasing a vehicle, but one must remember that the information on CarFax should be assumed to be incomplete, at best. If something shows up on CarFax, it almost definitely is true. If something doesn't show up on CarFax, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not all repairs, etc., have to be reported to CarFax - it is completely voluntary.

CarFax is but one technique that one must apply to avoid begin FLEECED when taking the risk to buy a vehicle from a private citizen.

I have never done such a transaction and don't recommend it to any of my family or friends.

I am not the boss of anyone, other than myself.

I bought a work van 10k, seller whom I knew very well promised title in 5 days. He did not own van when he sold it to me. Title arrived week later, he would not give it to me, gave it to my business partner. Said he accepted pmt from partner. Partner paid nothing but signed the bill of sale. I have my proof I purchased van. Partner does not, my attorney let the partner have it by not turning over our evidence of purchase.

I bought a work van 10k, seller whom I knew very well promised title in 5 days. He did not own van when he sold it to me. Title arrived week later, he would not give it to me, gave it to my business partner. Said he accepted pmt from partner. Partner paid nothing but signed the bill of sale. I have my proof I purchased van. Partner does not, my attorney let the partner have it by not turning over our evidence of purchase.
Please start your own thread...don't hijack another members thread.

Anna, you should have started your own thread. But since there is nothing anybody here can do to help you other than advising you that your options include suing your partner and/or your lawyer I'm going to take the easy way out and just close the thread since the original poster's problem as been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back