Public Forums And Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drontal

I've finally got a question myself!! lol

If someone posts on a public internet forum (EZBoard to be precise), who does that post belong to?

The forum itself has this at the bottom of the pages;
Powered By ezboard® Ver. 7.31u
Copyright ©1999-2003 ezboard, Inc.

and that is the only mention of copyright on any of this particular's forums pages.

Can an individual who has posted, remove the contents of his own post (ie. the typed the text himself when submitting) and either remove it totally/delete and/or can he make a submission of his post in another forum also on EZBoard?

All assistance appreciated ;)

Regards!

I accept that the law may change from different locations (I'm in the UK), but any advice is good advice :)

The copyright may belong either to the software publisher and/or the site itself. To find out who owns the content of a post, look at the terms of service for the site which the content is posted. That will govern ownership of your post, although nothing will prevent you from deleting your post. Questions arise if the post resurfaces and is backed up and the TOS will assist you once again.

Drontal said:
I've finally got a question myself!! lol

If someone posts on a public internet forum (EZBoard to be precise), who does that post belong to?

The forum itself has this at the bottom of the pages;

and that is the only mention of copyright on any of this particular's forums pages.

Can an individual who has posted, remove the contents of his own post (ie. the typed the text himself when submitting) and either remove it totally/delete and/or can he make a submission of his post in another forum also on EZBoard?

All assistance appreciated ;)

Regards!

I accept that the law may change from different locations (I'm in the UK), but any advice is good advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back