Public defender replaced by another criminal attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

justus4cin

Plea bargain a 6 to 15 stipulated getting ready for sentencing in 3 weeks on attempted sexual assault.
Attorney was replaced because old attorney left public defender office for own practice. New attorney informs us old attorney and DA have represented another guy for same thing with same girl also represented mother of girl but never disclosed information for conflict of interest.

Is this against the law or rules and if so how do we proceed?

Plea bargain a 6 to 15 stipulated getting ready for sentencing in 3 weeks on attempted sexual assault.
Attorney was replaced because old attorney left public defender office for own practice. New attorney informs us old attorney and DA have represented another guy for same thing with same girl also represented mother of girl but never disclosed information for conflict of interest.

Is this against the law or rules and if so how do we proceed?

Only the judge can determine the legality of the situation.

Its a plea, so you've agreed to cop, and perhaps it doesn't matter?

If you are now unsure, you can always ask your current attorney to undo the plea and go to trial.

If you trust your current attorney, I suggest you discuss your options with him or her.

Thank you very much
The DA made the plea offer if we agree to take the deal and not say anything about him not disclosing any information that we found out about. Also same with our attorney. She has a conflict of interest but made the deal for us but will not represent us as anymore if we dont.
Sorry if I am confusing you

Thank you very much
The DA made the plea offer if we agree to take the deal and not say anything about him not disclosing any information that we found out about. Also same with our attorney. She has a conflict of interest but made the deal for us but will not represent us as anymore if we dont.
Sorry if I am confusing you

Until the judge as accepted the plea, admonished you in open court, there is no plea.

You are always free to roll the ice and ask for a jury trial.

Jury trials are the last bastion of any fairness in our injustice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back