Criminal Law PTI effect in green card process

Status
Not open for further replies.

souji1603

Immigration Help Please.....

Me and my husband were arrested under the charge of shoplifting and child neglect(as our 2yr child was there during this,all this was happened just because of my stupidity which put my husband in problems which he was not aware of and we were without our child for five days ,spent one day in jail ,spent much money on criminal lawyer and PTI procedure,mainly spent sleepless nights for couple of months.)

We are here on H1 ,H4 visa's.Now we are going through Green card process and with I-140 approved with Jan 2011 priority date.

We were worried how it goes with I-485,overseas trip and further visa extensions?

will we get green card? or will face problems in getting or everything is normal.

Please reply soon......

Hire an immigration attorney.

Your alleged thievery may have damaged your opportunity to receive a green card.

Immigration question

Hire an immigration attorney.

Your alleged thievery may have damaged your opportunity to receive a green card.

Thank you for your reply sir,but our criminal lawyer said as we were out of the case with PTI we are not considered as convicted.can you explain in detail what will happen with 1-485?

Thank you

Regards,
Souji

Thank you for your reply sir,but our criminal lawyer said as we were out of the case with PTI we are not considered as convicted.can you explain in detail what will happen with 1-485?

Thank you

Regards,
Souji

I can't tell you what will happen at your hearing.

But, if your criminal lawyer is correct, you've entered a pre-trial intervention program.

You keep your nose clean, this messy business disappears.

If it disappears, you potentially could sail right through your immigration hearing and get that shiny green card you covet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back