Protesters swarm Grand Central, vandalize New York City Subways

I know. I know.

Even if all goes according to plan (and this is Boston - what are the odds of that?) it'll finish up just about the time I start planning retirement.

In MA, especially Boston, it isn't foolish to consider the possibility that your grandchildren will have graduated college, married, had children, and be a few years away from retirement themselves.

And on top of that the so-called mayor of New York City is giving away free Metrocards, cell phones, gift cards, and baseball tickets to make sure people who are released come back for their court dates.
The rant is OK. For those who have a difficult time believing what was stated, here is an article from one of the major news outlets who reported it.

Bail Reform: NYC To Offer Mets Tickets, Doughnut Gift Cards To Get Freed Inmates Back In Court

All of this is a bit unsettling for many New Yorkers, especially since the MTA / public transportation system here is crumbling and the head of the MTA and second in command just quit. These were special hires, one from the UK who is supposedly the leading expert (Andy Byford was the CEO of the rail transit system in Toronto.)

All of this is a bit unsettling for many New Yorkers, especially since the MTA / public transportation system here is crumbling and the head of the MTA and second in command just quit. These were special hires, one from the UK who is supposedly the leading expert (Andy Byford was the CEO of the rail transit system in Toronto.)

Once upon a time, NYCTA was considered the best and most efficiently operated transit system in the world.

I recall my first time riding the A train from Far Rockaway to Manhattan as a young soldier awaiting transport orders to Nam out of Ft. DIX, spending a 3 day pass with my great aunt and uncle.

I was 18 years old and had never visited Manhattan or used the subways. I was amazed at the efficiency, cleanliness, and price. It cost 5¢ to ride the Staten Island Ferry. I did 3 round trips between Staten Island and Manhattan. We even visited Governors Island to see my cousin a Captain in the Coast Guard.

That was the summer of 1965.

I've been to NYC many times since that summer, the last time in 2015. I was saddened. I'll never return.

Back