Protective Order Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissaham

I placed a protective order against my daughters father because he has mentally and physically abused me. He sent me emails and voicemails stating that he would kill me and hope I burn in hell. He also said some other things. The judge granted my order but also gave him visitation and made him pay me child support. The final order is in effect until November. The only communication we have is when I meet him to drop my daughter off. I found out yesterday that he filed for an appeal to have the order lifted. In the order, my address is sealed because he would show up at my place and I have since moved. What are the odds of this order getting lifted? Will I have to go to court? I didn't lie about the things that he said or did to me. I have read that a lot of women lied to get orders but I told the truth. My life is going so great since he hasn't been able to harass me. I am just curious why he filed for an appeal. Any advice is appreciated.

We really cannot guess the chances of whether the order will be lifted or not, I'm afraid.

If you don't go to court (or don't have an attorney to go in your place), his chances do increase.

The only communication we have is when I meet him to drop my daughter off.

Wouldn't you be violating the order by meeting him anywhere, at anytime, for anything?

I am not violating the order. The order is against him. In the order it states that I can contact him anytime I want but he can't contact me. The order also states that he has to meet me at McDonalds to give him my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back