Protect my sister

V

Victoria

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I come from a family full of abuse. My dad is in prison for sexual abuse. But this was not the only abuse in my home. Mental, emotional, and physical abuse played a large part in my up bringing from my mother as well. She had been reported many times for physical abuse but never lost her kids. That doesn't mean it wasn't bad. I had a police officer come to our door and saw the bruise and fat lip and black eye that I had and he stated he didn't know why we were still there. Over the years my mother has calmed down with the physical aspect but not with the emotional and mental abuse. I have three sisters. My second oldest and I no longer live at home but there are still two in the home. It has gotten to the point of my sisters turning to drugs, cutting, and possible attempts at suicide. I know when I live there I contemplated suicide daily because of the I felt. At this moment I am concerned for the safety and well being of my youngest sister. She is the one with a possible suicide attempt. My sisters have been informing my other sister of how they are hungry and there is no food in the house. My mom has gotten my sister $3,000 in debt by getting her to pay their bills. All this being said, my question is, what can I do? My sister and i have discussed the idea of trying to get custody for my youngest sister but we aren't sure that we would even have a case to hold up in court. She's 13. The next youngest will be 18 in 6 months and will be moving out the day of but that still leaves my concerns for the 13 yr old. Can you help me?

I come from a family full of abuse. My dad is in prison for sexual abuse. But this was not the only abuse in my home. Mental, emotional, and physical abuse played a large part in my up bringing from my mother as well. She had been reported many times for physical abuse but never lost her kids. That doesn't mean it wasn't bad. I had a police officer come to our door and saw the bruise and fat lip and black eye that I had and he stated he didn't know why we were still there. Over the years my mother has calmed down with the physical aspect but not with the emotional and mental abuse. I have three sisters. My second oldest and I no longer live at home but there are still two in the home. It has gotten to the point of my sisters turning to drugs, cutting, and possible attempts at suicide. I know when I live there I contemplated suicide daily because of the I felt. At this moment I am concerned for the safety and well being of my youngest sister. She is the one with a possible suicide attempt. My sisters have been informing my other sister of how they are hungry and there is no food in the house. My mom has gotten my sister $3,000 in debt by getting her to pay their bills. All this being said, my question is, what can I do? My sister and i have discussed the idea of trying to get custody for my youngest sister but we aren't sure that we would even have a case to hold up in court. She's 13. The next youngest will be 18 in 6 months and will be moving out the day of but that still leaves my concerns for the 13 yr old. Can you help me?

No one here can help you, but the police in your area might be able to help.
You should dial "911" immediately and report any crimes being committed or suspected.

You can contact child services, but the police will respond in minutes, while child services can take days or weeks.

You don't say what was reported or to whom. Nor when, how often, who investigated, or what was said. Generally, CPS investigates and handles these situations, not the police. I would report any abuse to them.

Unless there is an immediate emergency, CPS is who you would call. The police simply do not investigate child abuse.

You do not mention who reported what, to whom, how often, when, or what was done as far as an investigation.

Back