Proposed Final Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginelle

My husband's lawyer is preparing the final judgement with the judge's rules but with some statements that the lawyer added. On the day of the trial the judge gave us until the end of March to send him the Final Judgement. My husband's lawyer send me an email asking me if he'll can send it to the court today.I told him that I have to read it again and I'll answer to him on next week.

The assistant of the judge told me that the judge gave us some time to have the opportunity to change some of the rules if we agree to do so. My question is if I can add my requests. I'm a pro se, my husband's lawyer know that I don't know what to do next.

I'd appeciate if someone can give me some advice.

You can make requests. But, you both have to agree to it. If that lawyer is adding things in, and you don't like it, or don't understand it, object to it! For God's sake, don't agree to something when you don't feel right by doing so.

I know, I've been alone during most of the time of this process, I went to trial and financially I'd prefer to have accepted my husband's proposal but I think the judge was fair. About child custody, my husband wanted 50/50 and the judge gave me more days to be with my kids. Just for that reason I'm happy to have been on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back