Property Settlement Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcollins01

The scenario: My husband and I are splitting after 13 months of marriage. I have a teenage daughter from a previous marriage still at home. He shares custody of an eleven year old and a six year old who are in the home literally half the time. His income is $25,000 more annually than mine.

The home: Was being purchased by me, before I even met him. (I've never refinanced or put his name on it.)

The SUV: We bought an SUV last fall, one month after we married. We needed a larger vehicle for the larger family. The SUV is in my name only though b/c he is under Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and he said that he couldn't get financed.

My questions:
One: The house.... he has lived there two years, two months, one year after we were married. Do I have to give him anything from the equity in the house?

Two: The SUV. I neither need or want it. My daughter is of driving age and has her own car, and I still own the car I had prior to getting the SUV. He says he doesn't want the SUV and that since it's in my name, it's mine. Is that the case?

Q: Do I have to give him anything from the equity in the house?

A: Whose name is the house titled in? Who has paid the mortgage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back