Property management over charging and dishonesty

Kameillion

We requested maintenence to come out and check an outside faucet that was leaking water once turned on after a few ice storms. We specifically asked them to contact us about it to let us know when they were coming and what the problem was. It took two weeks and they finally came out withdraw notifying us, letting us know the issue and how much it would cost to fix. They proceeded to fix it and a week later sent us a notice saying it was our fault and cost $268. The description of the work simply stated chipped out facet, replaced it, sealed it back. We were shocked at this as they hadn't communicated anything prior to charging us. After 3 months after going back and forth and asking for an invoice, they sent us one now saying there we two men present. One had a crowbar the other a sledgehammer. One had to go under the house. They had to drill a new hole for the new faucet. And they both charged $75/hr. A totally different description. Also my mother was home a the time and never saw or heard a second man. And my husband pulled up when he was done and it was only one man present. Do we have grounds to fight this charge?

You can do whatever you wish, but I doubt you'll prevail.
Is a lousy $300 worth getting into a brouhaha over?

Back