property eligible for sale/ transfer ownership

ag16

Jurisdiction
Indiana
hi i need help. i bought a house thru a lease to own contract, its my primary residence. the home is paid off and i am trying to get the deed transferred to my name. the property manager of the seller has been trying to contact the seller to sign out the sale disclosure form for 2 years but no avail.. also the seller hasn't been paying property taxes for 2 years, which we just found out. so now the property ( my primary residence ) is eligible for sale.. i don't want to lose my home. what can i or need to do to keep from losing this property?

Speak to a local real-estate attorney.

I second the above suggestion, but encourage you to do it TODAY.

You might discover that you've been scammed.

i am not the only person who has to go thru this, there are 6 other people whom bought propertys off the same seller, also we did find out that the company/seller has been revoked

i am not the only person who has to go thru this, there are 6 other people whom bought propertys off the same seller, also we did find out that the company/seller has been revoked

You all may have been the victims of an organized criminal operation.

I'd see a real estate attorney today!!!

The sooner you learn the truth, the sooner you can determine what remedies exist to repair the damage you've been dealt.

i don't want to lose my home. what can i or need to do to keep from losing this property?

For one thing, you can pay the taxes.

Then deal with the ownership legalities. Get a lawyer right now. You might have to file suit to get ownership

For one thing, you can pay the taxes.

Then deal with the ownership legalities. Get a lawyer right now. You might have to file suit to get ownership
i have talked to the county treasurer they said to pay the total of the taxes and it will be taking off the tax sale. but thats $1450 and i only have til October 7th.

hi i need help. i bought a house thru a lease to own contract, its my primary residence. the home is paid off and i am trying to get the deed transferred to my name. the property manager of the seller has been trying to contact the seller to sign out the sale disclosure form for 2 years but no avail.. also the seller hasn't been paying property taxes for 2 years, which we just found out.

Are you saying that the land contract was completed two years ago and you've been trying to get the seller to give you the deed for the past two years? If so, then it's likely that the last two years of property taxes are your responsibility under that contract because you're now the equitable owner of the place. That also means you probably should have sued two years ago back when it became clear the seller wasn't going cooperate in getting you the deed. So don't delay seeing a lawyer about doing that now. Time is not your friend on this.

i have talked to the county treasurer they said to pay the total of the taxes and it will be taking off the tax sale. but thats $1450 and i only have til October 7th.

Then if you want save your property you're going to need to ensure that gets done.

Are you saying that the land contract was completed two years ago and you've been trying to get the seller to give you the deed for the past two years? If so, then it's likely that the last two years of property taxes are your responsibility under that contract because you're now the equitable owner of the place. That also means you probably should have sued two years ago back when it became clear the seller wasn't going cooperate in getting you the deed. So don't delay seeing a lawyer about doing that now. Time is not your friend on this.

Then if you want save your property you're going to need to ensure that gets done.
also i forgot to mention that last Friday some guy came by my house, saying he was a new property manager and ask all kinds of questions. i was warned by one of the other tenant that there are people going around wanting us to sign something.. i didn't do any of that . i had my old property manager along with one of the other tenant on the speaker phone to hear the conversation as witnesses

also i forgot to mention that last Friday some guy came by my house, saying he was a new property manager and ask all kinds of questions. i was warned by one of the other tenant that there are people going around wanting us to sign something.. i didn't do any of that . i had my old property manager along with one of the other tenant on the speaker phone to hear the conversation as witnesses

The help you require won't be received via a private website.

You're burning daylight.

You need to make a couple of appointments with real estate attorneys in your county.

You paid thousands of dollars and so far can't PROVE you own anything.

You need an attorney to investigate what occurred and who the culprit is.

You might want to organize all of the people you know who sit in your position.

Some criminal is living large off of his/her ill gotten gains.

Heck, maybe the police or sheriff might need to become involved.

Meanwhile, you're facing a potential sheriff's sale of what you thought was your home.

OK i got my appointment with an attorney set up for Thursday, wish me good luck and thanks for the help/input in any way shape or form. although i was trying to get help i also wanted to vent and tell people out there whats going on , in case they had a similar situation

Back