Property Division in Case of Annulment

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSpouse

If I am successful (in New Hampshire) in annulling my marriage to my spouse due to bigamy (I just found out my spouse is still married), then what can I expect in the case of property division? What is in my spouse's name stays with my spouse? What is in my name stays mine? And, what is in both our names is split equally? Please let me know if this is typically the case. I realize that this may be a complicated issue, but I am asking what would typically be the case. For example, let's say that there exist three bank accounts, one in my spouse's name, one in my name, and one that is Joint. Then, would one expect my spouse to keep the amount in the bank account in their name, that I would keep the amount in the bank account in my name, and that we would split the amount in the bank account that is held Jointly? I thank you in advance for your help.

Generally, in an annulment, the court in that kind of lawsuit will put you back where you were before you started since there is no marriage.

If y'all bought something together, it will be split as equitably as possible.

Thanks Senior Judge

Thanks Senior Judge. That is actually beneficial to me. I will get a lawyer now and move forward. Thanks for your help!

Generally, in an annulment, the court in that kind of lawsuit will put you back where you were before you started since there is no marriage.

If y'all bought something together, it will be split as equitably as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back