Property distributuion that was taken from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

allalone

I was divorced in 2009. I went back to court in 2011 for division of property. I could not afford an attorney, and I still can't. Anyway, he is a cop and he had an attorney. I did not get anything out of the property distribution because I could not have an attorney. I lost out on his retirement and the equity in the house. The Judge said that I owed him thousands of dollars because he paid off bills. I should have gotten 30,000.00 from the house and at least half of his retirement. We were married for 17 years. Since time has past, is there anything that I can do now. And do you think I could get anything out of it. Our bill certainly were not 30,000.00
Thanks

I was divorced in 2009. I went back to court in 2011 for division of property. I could not afford an attorney, and I still can't. Anyway, he is a cop and he had an attorney. I did not get anything out of the property distribution because I could not have an attorney. I lost out on his retirement and the equity in the house. The Judge said that I owed him thousands of dollars because he paid off bills. I should have gotten 30,000.00 from the house and at least half of his retirement. We were married for 17 years. Since time has past, is there anything that I can do now. And do you think I could get anything out of it. Our bill certainly were not 30,000.00
Thanks

If you can do anything, it can't happen here.

You might wish to contact an attorney.

You didn't need to hire one, you simply needed to speak with one back in 2011.

The lawyer could have forced him to pay your lawyer's fees out of the marital estate.

So, find a lawyer in your county, discuss this case; you might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back