Property Copy Right

P

poginipinay67

Jurisdiction
Washington
I am disabled. My father passed away, and according to the police, I will be receiving a certain percentage from what our father left in Washington State. I asked my sibling a copy of it, But, he said there's no such will document left, and I can have a copy of the paper or document he has. But, according to the police, my sibling did showed something to them with my name and a certain percentage of what will I get and my siblings will get too. I did tried asked not only ones, for the copy of that paper/document with my name on it and stating the percentage of I am getting. But, he refused for me to have the copy, He even, doesn't want to give the lawyer's name . He said, everything should go through him, and it was only him and my other sibling has the right to talk with the lawyer. My point of asking a copy of that paper or document is that, when our mother died, my name was deleted and I this time, I don't want my name to be erase or deleted again. I didn't received anything from what our mother left. My question now, is there a way for me to be able to get free a legal lawyer here in California, to be my lawyer with this issue in Washington State?

is there a way for me to be able to get free a legal lawyer here in California, to be my lawyer with this issue in Washington State?

You're describing a civil matter.
Lawyers aren't provided by the government to assist anyone with a civil matter.

You canm conact lawyers in the state where you have the need and ask if one would represent you "pro bono".

Otherwise, you'll have to trek on to the north and see what these peopel are describing.

Normally the police won't become entangled in probate matters, so i doubt that you were talking to a police officer about a will.

You're right tot hink your siblings are planning to steal whatvere it is your loved one left to you, again.

You can investigate probate and the filing of any will by your relative by bontacting the court clerk in the county where you believe the will is to be probated.

Good luck.

I'll answer your last question first. If you are going to need a lawyer it will have to be a probate lawyer in WA in the county where your father died and there are no free lawyers for this kind of work.

Like with most married couples it's likely that everything was owned jointly with right of survivorship and automatically went to your father.

Start by going online to the probate court in the county were your father died. Wills are public record and if probate has been opened you should be able to get a copy of the will (or even the whole probate file) and learn the identity of the lawyer.

Do that and then report back to this thread for additional discussion.

I've deleted your other post as a duplicate. Please keep all of your discussions to this thread and don't open any others.

Back