Proof or residency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherald_Manuel

I have decided to purchase a second property in America. the Agent in America advises me that i need to proove that i am alien and a UK resident. I would have thought that a passport would be sufficient together with salary slips etc - but unfortunately not. she says she requires me to fill our a INS form - i contacted the USA embassy and various other bodies and they say the INS form is if i wanted to live in the the USA. Not sure what to do next can anyone help - i read of poeple purchasing property over there and it all looks so straight forward - any help would be greately appreciated.

Hm, I wonder what they need that for. It is not really the CIS (former INS) job to certify that someone lives abroad. This would basically be the job of the British authorities. Can you get something from your city that looks official and certifies that you are living there?

Actually, if the agents wants it, she should tell you exactly how she wants it. Askher again.

There is one form you might need as a foreigner without residency in the U.S. if you expect rent income: You need the form W-8 of the IRS for income tax purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back