Consumer Fraud Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie101

Hi,

I ordered a product from an online website. I received the product promptly on feb. 12th of this year and it was the mens product, not the women's product that I have ordered. It has been almost four weeks, I filled out a return form through siraface and I printed out the receipt and I have yet to get my money back to return their product. I call their line but apparently it's just filled with people who 'only take orders or leave messages for the office.' I've left at least 10-12 messages for the office at this place called Tantrum that send me the product and I haven't gotten a phone call or email back. I spent almost $300 dollars and all I wanted was the women's product.

I still have yet to get my money back, and every idiot I talk to on their order line says the same thing, 'unfortunately miss, the only thing I can do for you today is take your order or leave a message for the office.' I've sent emails upon emails, even messages through the website and called about a billion times and I've received nothing, not even my money back or the correct product (and that's all that I want, is the correct product!)

I want to know what I can do to get compensated for this ridiculous hassle because it has been 20 days since I got the wrong order and all I wanted was the women's product. There must be a law or something that can help me right this. Please help?? :confused:

Thank you,

K.

You can sue them in small claims court.
But, even if you win, you'd be hard pressed to ever collect a nickel of your judgment.

I tell people to stop shopping on that dadburn, online auction site.
So, use this as a lesson learned and never shop there again.
More than likely, you've lost your $300 and ended up with something you don't want or need.

There is very little you can do.
There is very little the site owners can do, either.
Going forward, there is a lot you can do.
Never, ever use that site again!!!

Marie,

If you used a credit card for your purchase then simply contact the bank that your card was issued from and enter a dispute on the charge. They will contact the vendor and will backcharge the vendor for the purchase if proof can not be provided that they otherwise satisfied your claim.

Your credit card bank will usually credit your purchase back onto your statement immediately. They would only reverse this should the vendor show proof that they had satisfied your purchase. For this reason, keep ALL emails and dates of phonecalls.

Flariptide,

Yes! Thank you so much! I will do this for sure but my question is that do I have to file something before I contact my bank? I used my debit card, can that still work? I'm through onpoint credit union.

See I don't have all the dates of my phone calls, but I do have a copy of the return thing I filled out, and not only that but I have proof that my order wasn't given to me correctly because I STILL have the MENS product. I haven't returned it yet because I haven't gotten my money back.

What do I say when I contact my bank?

Debit card account should still be ok to contact the bank. They have to offer at least some kind of protection against fraud. You tell them exact same thing as you wrote here and point to the transaction on the account where the company took your money. They will handle the rest.
Although keep in mind that with most online merchants they want the item back first before they refund the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back