process of auto collision lawsuit, not at fault

nessi ness

Jurisdiction
Illinois
was rear ended and have a lawsuit against other party at fault, have a lawyer as well. What's the process or can be expected? Approximately how long can it take to close? When does one receive funds after settled? How often should I be in contact with my lawyer?

was rear ended and have a lawsuit against other party at fault, have a lawyer as well. What's the process or can be expected? Approximately how long can it take to close? When does one receive funds after settled? How often should I be in contact with my lawyer?

Strangers with ZERO knowledge of your case know less about your case than you do.

You should be speaking about your case only with your lawyer.

As far as any award, you'll have prove your case to prevail.

One step at a time, inch by inch.

What's the process or can be expected?

First you fully recover from your injuries or reach maximum medical improvement.

Next, your lawyer quantifies your claim and sends a demand letter to the other driver's insurance company.

Next, there is a period of negotiation which could take a few months.

If an agreement cannot be reached to your satisfaction, a lawsuit is filed against the other driver. A lawsuit could take a year or two for a verdict. Or the claim could settle at anytime during that period.

Approximately how long can it take to close?

A few months or a couple of years. So settle in for the long haul.

When does one receive funds after settled?

Shouldn't take more than a month or six weeks as your lawyer may have to take care of medical liens against the settlement.

How often should I be in contact with my lawyer?

You shouldn't be contacting your lawyer at all because no amount of contacting will make the process go any faster than it's going to go. Your lawyer will contact you when he needs something from you and that's how you'll know what is going on.

Your lawyer wants his payday, too, so he won't be sitting on his hands. He'll be working it.

have a lawsuit against other party at fault, have a lawyer as well. What's the process or can be expected?

What's the process? Not really sure what you're asking. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them, but I doubt anyone is going to take the time to type up a dissertation about what happens in civil litigation. Also, since you have a lawyer, you ought to direct questions to him/her.

Approximately how long can it take to close?

Anywhere from a few months to several years, depending on the relevant facts and circumstances.

How often should I be in contact with my lawyer?

Anywhere from daily to every couple of months (give or take), depending on the stage of the case.

When does one receive funds after settled?

If the case settles, you should get paid anywhere from 5-30 days after the settlement is finalized.

Back