Problems on partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcobar

I had a partner who do events on monthly basis (bands and dancing) for his own. I was the one who used to keep his website updated with the monthly events. Like 8 months ago I mention him the idea to have a Box Office on-line to sell tickets and he like the idea and he proposed a partnership.
The original idea on the partnership was to create a corporation and we can share 50% on the actions. But finally he went to file all the paperwork and excluded me from the corporation but gave me a contract for the 50% on the specific website to sell any event tickets sharing the 50% of the profit and clearly design me to be the person who only have to keep care of the website and he's in charge of marketing and customer relationship.
Recently he ask me to design a presentation folder but I had no time to do it, then he decided to not continue working with me even when the website was updated and selling tickets.
Now he just open his own website and he is selling his tickets and I don't getting anything but also I cannot do anything on our site without his permit. It is legal what he is doing selling in another website? Any advise?
Thanks!

It seems that you should rethink your relationship with this person. He's decided to own the entire web site and tell you that as a reward for your hard work you'll get 50% of the PROFIT. This means that all the expenses are deducted and you get half of whatever is left. If the web site ever gets bought, he gets 100% and you get nothing for all the work you've been putting into it. Is that what you two really agreed upon when you put up in all that work or did you think you owned part of it because of your hard work? Sounds like the latter, that you thought you were getting ownership or "equity." Perhaps you should have a conversation with him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back