probble-clause

Status
Not open for further replies.
okey i guess i need to add more detail, His being charged with two counts of child molestation both class A felonies, He was suppose to do this to a neighbor child in our home, My husband is 46 yrs old and hasn't been in trouble with the police sence he was 19yrs old and that was for PI, When this act was suppose to happen there was 11 people staying in our home including 5 or our childern, there has been no investagator to speak to me or the childern, and the only evidence they have is the alledged victims interveiw, They have set my husbands bail at $50,000 which we do not have even the 10% to bond him out so his been in jail for 7 months now, All his papers he has say their holding him on probble-cause (sorry not a great speller), they've offered him one plea bargin for a maxiam of 25 yrs if he accepts it, that's for both accounts.

He needs to speak with his public defender.

yea, i know he needs to speak to his attorney, but how are we suppose to get the attorney to answer calls or to go speak to my husband at the jail. How long leagally can they hold my husband on probable-cause?,

He is not being held on probable cause; he is being held of felony charges.

no his being held on probable cause, For the simple fact is he told the investigator that he (my hubby) was given the neighbor girl and our daughter a hug, and when he moved his arm his hand brushed the front of her pants. Second the reason it's a class a felony is that the little girl told the police that my hubby threaten her family. So how long can they hold him on probable cause,

An arrest is based on "probable cause". If he has been booked into jail with a $50,000 bail, then he has been arrested (on probable cause) and faces criminal charges. It is likely he will remain there until such time as the matter goes to court again for trial.

- Carl

tongebutterrfly said:
okey, thanks for the reply carl, My next question is, how many ple bargins can they offer a person, befoe actually taken it to trial?
As many as they want.

If your husband wants to go to trial sooner rather than later, he should speak to hi attorney about forcing the matter. However, there are often good tactical reasons for the defense to delay a trial.

- Carl

I was recently told that my husbands public deffender is dating the proscuting attorney, if this is true how do we go about getting a different public deffender. since we feel that our public deffender is not doing his job accordling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back