Probation Violation Hearing in Child Support Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonvhoof

I just got a letter stating I have a probation violation hearing for a child support case. I have been paying as much as possible for the last two years, and my probation is already lifted. I was laid off almost a year ago, and have not been able to find work since, in this time I have sent literally whatever is in my pocket for my child support. Whether it's $10 or the full $150. I also can't look for work outside of town because they suspended my license so I have to walk to work, limiting my options to Warrensburg, MO. What can I do to stay out of jail and fix all this? I admit I'm having trouble keeping up with the full payments, the only reason I have a place to live is because of friends letting me stay with them. But I am genuinly trying to send what I can. Will I be sent to jail for trying my hardest to keep up? I've heard tons of mothers tell me that at least I try to do something, when their babies fathers won't lift a pinky for the kids. I'm honestly scared of going to jail.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. And if you have questions, please ask, I'm an open book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back