Probation and computer seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicodemus

Hello I was put on probation 10 months ago for copying a $10 bill, and I'm still on. Stupid idea I know. Well anyway an agent from the Department of Criminal Investigations decided he wanted to come and take my computer and search it to make sure I wasn't doing anything else like making more money. He took it on Feb. 10th and told me it would be returned Feb. 11th. Well it is now Feb. 18th and I still haven't received my computer back yet. I need it for my job as well as for college. I called his office and they said he left yesterday and is out of town until Feb. 28! My probation officer said I would be off probation as soon as he heard from the DCI agent that it was ok. What can I do about this is there anyway to get it back or anyway to do something legal about this whole ordeal? It is driving me crazy.

Send them a fax/certified letter regarding the problem and the unreasonable seizure. This will hopefully begin a "paper trail" and get things moving. Let them know of the monetary damages you are suffering as a result of this unreasonable seizure and also a delay.

nicodemus said:
Hello I was put on probation 10 months ago for copying a $10 bill, and I'm still on. Stupid idea I know. Well anyway an agent from the Department of Criminal Investigations decided he wanted to come and take my computer and search it to make sure I wasn't doing anything else like making more money. He took it on Feb. 10th and told me it would be returned Feb. 11th. Well it is now Feb. 18th and I still haven't received my computer back yet. I need it for my job as well as for college. I called his office and they said he left yesterday and is out of town until Feb. 28! My probation officer said I would be off probation as soon as he heard from the DCI agent that it was ok. What can I do about this is there anyway to get it back or anyway to do something legal about this whole ordeal? It is driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back