Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Probable Cause Not Stipulated To Plaintiff but to County Attorney's Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deluxe2004

I filed 4 criminal complaints against my neighbors that I witnessed and when it went to District Court the County Attorney said I had no witnesses and it was their word against mine. The charges against my neighbors, misdemeanors, were dismissed. Now I get hit with Malicious Prosecution in a civil case against the same people because cause was stipulated to the County Attorneys office but not me.Somebody filed a Motion not stipulating to me , Judge signed it and I'm hanging in the wind without knowing it even happened. Criminal Court Judge Signed order in District Court and the Civil Case lawyer for the defendants, same people where 4 charges dismissed, picked-up on those cases and added malicious Prosecution to the counterclaim Civil case against me. I had no notice. hearing or process. Somebody just filed a Motion not stipulating to me but stipulating to the County Attorneys Office who represented me in the 4 criminal complaints against the neighbors.

I filed 4 criminal complaints against my neighbors that I witnessed and when it went to District Court the County Attorney said I had no witnesses and it was their word against mine. The charges against my neighbors, misdemeanors, were dismissed. Now I get hit with Malicious Prosecution in a civil case against the same people because cause was stipulated to the County Attorneys office but not me.Somebody filed a Motion not stipulating to me , Judge signed it and I'm hanging in the wind without knowing it even happened. Criminal Court Judge Signed order in District Court and the Civil Case lawyer for the defendants, same people where 4 charges dismissed, picked-up on those cases and added malicious Prosecution to the counterclaim Civil case against me. I had no notice. hearing or process. Somebody just filed a Motion not stipulating to me but stipulating to the County Attorneys Office who represented me in the 4 criminal complaints against the neighbors.

You had no corroborating witnesses, is what I gather. That said, if you have homeowners insurance, you might contact your agent to see if you are covered for such claims. Some policies will provide you coulsel to assist with these lawsuits, although might be rarer these days.

I suggest you contact a local lawyer and discuss your options with him or her. There is no way that we can be of much use to you for this complicated matter.

Your original case was never prosecuted or even filed by your DA. I'm not sure they have a valid argument against you for malicious prosecution.
The DA does not get involved with the civil suit. You should be able to easily defend against it if not get get it dismissed altogether.
There is some silly stuff going on here that the court won't likely have the patience for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back