Present Age Lawyering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuaadude

Hello, I am interested in pursuing a law career, but I have been getting a lot of negative feedback from many of the people I talk to. I have talked to some of my friends who are also interested, as well as got some feedback from those involved in the lawyering field today. Many say that the judicial system now is backlogged and there are too many lawyers trying to get cases.

From the looks of things, it seems like making it big as a lawyer requires you to willingly throw yourself into a cut-throat environment and literally work like a dog for a firm to make a living for yourself. I personally admire lawyering, and I am in no way trying to give lawyers a bad rep or anything, but I just wanted to explore this aspect of the career that so many people seem to cite.

Opinions, anyone?

If your heart is into doing what you are interested in doing, you should not listen to others but just yourself.

yes i know, but i would still like to know what others think as well. what others have to say will not directly affect my decision in going into law. i am just exploring a curiosity.

When I was in law school and I worked at a few different law offices, more often than not the attorneys would tell me the same thing "You don't want to be a lawyer."

But, along the way I met a few of them who encouraged me to follow my dreams and what I felt was right for ME.

For me, it was not about the potential of having a large salary, it was about helping people and knowing that I help change peoples lives everyday for the better, that's why I wanted to be a lawyer.

It can be a very competitive field, depending on what type of law you practice.

yeah, i agree with you there. i havent really looked into all the details, but right now im leaning towards criminal or corporate law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back