preparing to tell spouse it is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaytonaBeach

I've been married 16yrs, most of which was just a team going through the motions. We have no children. The love stopped 8yrs ago, and sex was never more that 2 or 3 times a year. In fact sex only happened after I put my foot down and fought for it, harshly. I should have left 8yrs ago but stayed just because it is convenient.

The problem is, now I am madly in love with another woman that I have been dating for 2yrs. So it is time to leave my wife. I need to create a list of all the smart things to do now, before telling her it's over and leaving. I'm thinking I should go through all the bank and credit card accounts and close them, opening some new card accounts in her name only, and some in my name only. We have a car, truck, and motorcycle. Should I also retitle those to effectively give her the car she needs? And what else am I forgetting? I want to separate smoothly and leave her with health insurance untill she finally gets working again. I'm in no hurry to re-marry, I just want to be free. and I don't want to forget some detail and spend years fighting in court. Is there some checklist of things I should arrange properly before letting the cat out of the bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back