Pregnant Minor - Who is responsibil for Babies medical bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQ1115

Dear Law.com,

My daughter, gave birth to my grandson back on May 1, 2012. At that time, she was covered under my insurance (CIGNA). When we inquired about insurance coverage for my grandson CIGNA denied him due to policy.
They do not cover "children of children". The day my daughter was admitted to the hospital they had her sign all of the forms including the form that holds you responsible for payment. They did not have me countersign the form since she was a minor. Alyah did apply for Medicaid to cover Elijah and was denied a few times before they finally approved her application.

Jump forward 2 year. I am now being taken to court for my grandson hospital bills. I've been trying to get ahold of someone in the Medicaid office to request an eligibility letter however, it's taking too long to get this information.
My trial for this matter is on May 2, 2014.

My question is, am I truly responsible for my grandsons medical bills since I did not sign the paperwork at the hospital? This may seem harsh, but I want them to go after my daughter and her boyfriend for their sons medical bills. The problem is, they were both minors at the time of service.

Need some guidance on how to proceed.

Thank you,
Danica

I suggest you discuss this with an attorney in your county.
You really need legal counsel, and you don't want to go to trial in 2 days.
Retain an attorney. Your choices are few.
If you are liable for her son's medical bills, consider bankruptcy.

You might have to sue the baby's father if he was a minor his parents might need to be countersued by YOU.
This is why I discouraged my children from engaging in adult perversions and pleasures. They cost too much, and as much as I loved my children, I loved my money, too. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back