Pregnant minor laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappabear61413

Hey I need help my girlfriend is pregnant she is 15 and I am 16 can my parents keep me aw y from her and my child legally in Houston Texas ? I really need help because I want to be a great father to my unborn. Child but my mother doesn't want me to have anything to do with my unborn child please help me !!!!!!!

He's talking about HIS mother setting the rules.

The answer is "yes and no".

No, because once paternity is established and visitation is sorted out you do have the right to see your child.

But as a practical matter, "yes", because your parents do have the legal right to prevent you from going anywhere except straight to school and back home again.

When it really gets down to it, that child is not your responsibility, but is the responsibility of your parents and the girl's parents.
Until a child is actually born there is nothing for you to be concerned about. Your mother can keep you away from the girl, and the girl's parents could have legal problems if they permit her to see you... IF your mother is serious and plays the cards right.
Just be respectful toward your mother and don't give her a need to pursue other actions to get you to obey.

If you are asking whether or not there is a law that says if you get your teenaged girlfriend pregnant, you are guaranteed access to her and to the baby, the answer is no, there is not.

Hey I need help my girlfriend is pregnant she is 15 and I am 16 can my parents keep me aw y from her and my child legally in Houston Texas ? I really need help because I want to be a great father to my unborn. Child but my mother doesn't want me to have anything to do with my unborn child please help me !!!!!!!

Your GF parents have 100% control over who their minor child spends time with so yes they can prevent you from seeing her. They can also seek sexual assault charges on you for the rape of their daughter. I would not rock this boat. Once paternity has been established (which could incriminate you in rape case) they (her parents) cannot prevent you from seeing your child but still can prevent you from seeing their minor daughter.

This does not really meet criteria for any sexual assault. Anything that did apply would apply equally to both parties. There really are only civil liabilities here.

This does not really meet criteria for any sexual assault. Anything that did apply would apply equally to both parties. There really are only civil liabilities here.

No one understands Texas, LOL.

In Cali, maybe, in Texas it depends on many things what this could become.

Seems to me the ages are too close. I suspect there may be a statute for unlawful sex that applies to both minors, but not an assault/rape. That would be excessive.

Seems to me the ages are too close. I suspect there may be a statute for unlawful sex that applies to both minors, but not an assault/rape. That would be excessive.

Let's just say, a parent can't encourage this, if they do; they'll receive unwarranted attention.

The child support meter has started running.

A slight high school diploma reprieve will be granted, but the meter can still be ticking.

Some of these kids even get branded with the SO label.

I'm so glad I didn't have to ever address these issues as a parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back