Pregnant and already being threatened. Advice would be Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gudino3422

Pregnant and Father threatens to sign away rights w/No responibility financially or physically or he wants to take full custody...Help!
I'm a 21 year old woman, never married, 3 months pregnant. I'm 110% sure of the babies father,(we dated for 6 months before I got pregnant) Anyway, long story short, since we are not together he is already worried I will try to take him for child support. He refuses to take responsibility for the child so he said he would just sign over all rights and put me in a situation of raising this child all by myself. Can he really leave me stuck like this? He also threatened to take full custody so he wouldn't have to pay c.s. and I would..is that really possible? I have no criminal backround, served in the military, hold a steady job etc.. he has 2 felonies pending, has been to jail before and he has 3 different children with 2 different women not including mine. He lives w/his current "baby moms" who calls and harrasses me, says she is going to beat me up and show up at my house etc. Can i get a restraining order on her? Just because they live together, when my baby is born does it have to be around her? It seems only right for my unborn baby to have a father around but w/a baby moms who constantly harrasses me and a father who either will try to take my child permanently or not pay for anything and sign over his rights what am I to do? ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated. My email is Monicagudino9@hotmail.com Thank you!!

no he cannot. He is liable for child support and cannot just decide to "give this liability away."

You might want to contact your city/county/state's department of family services (or whatever name it has in your area) and ask them for advice. They very probably have someone who will explain to you how to receive child support.

Thank you very much for the reply.. you know it's sad that I'm only a couple of months pregnant and this is already an issue. His other child's mother continues to call me and has shown up at my house before... when my child is born, is there any way she would have to be able to stay away from my child? I don't have any proof she is calling me and threatening me because it is illegal to tap and record phone conversations here in Oregon or at least to record them and use them in court. She has been to jail in CA before and it would make me extrememly uncomfortable to have a woman who hates me obviously for existing to be around my child when i wouldnt be around.. I shouldn't be worrying about this now, but I would rather be safe then sorry.

His other child's mother? She has no rights to be around your child at all. If she harasses you, you can get a court order against her or file criminal charges.

thank you for replying again.
this woman called me today asking me to get an abortion, and if i didn't she was going to beat me up so i would have a miscarriage and she would just run away to mexico. I'm going to record phone calls from now on and log everything. She lives w/my babies father so she will end up being around.. would there be any way she would have to leave when he has his visits w/the child if they go back to their house? or any way the court would say she isn't allowed to be around me and the child because she's been threatening? I almost think it would be in the best interest to not have his name on the birth certificate so I wouldn't have to put up with these things.. i mean.. is the 200 in child support really worth all of this drama? Thank you so much for the reply.

Thank you NYClex for your comments... I actually went ahead and contacted a lawyer, she told me that I cannot get a restraining order on this woman but to keep track of everything in a log book so it stays fresh in my head and record it, also the law in Oregon is if at least one person knows they are being recorded they may do so.. So that is taken care of. Also, she said many parents who have issues like this leave the father's name off of the birth certificate an then later on file for paternity and or child support so you won't have to deal w/all the dramatics of initially having him on there and perhaps being in a position where he does take the child and have him around this woman and i wouldn't be able to do anything because he would have 50% of the child's time... anyway, just an update on the situation. I appreciate this site sooooo much. Many Thanks
Monica

Yikes, this woman sounds dangerous. Just watch out for her. The next time she threatens you and you have that on record you might want to file criminal charges against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back