Pre-Employment Polygraphs (public sector)

Status
Not open for further replies.

employmentlaw

I recently was "asked" to take a pre-employment polygraph for a local police dept. I was just interested in what if anything revealed during the poygraph could be released to my current employer or anyone else outside of the dept. that I applied with?

Originally posted by employmentlaw
I recently was "asked" to take a pre-employment polygraph for a local police dept. I was just interested in what if anything revealed during the poygraph could be released to my current employer or anyone else outside of the dept. that I applied with?
This should be a part of your employment application which should have a clause with regard to release of information and limited to the department or persons whom shall have access. If it doesn't then you should raise it and not sign anything until it does. I think you would have access to your results but there is nothing to worry about if you are given a passing grade on your test. From what I have seen you have the right to retest in certain circumstances (but not for cheating, for example) but will need to explain why and it is obvious that you will need to know the reasons for your denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back