Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter Potter Trial

Yes, and people wonder why no one wants to become police officers

Very few police officers would make the blunder Potter did. She knew from the moment it happened what the result would be.
Her best hope was that the jury, or a juror, would not allow her to be held criminally responsible for a decision made in a moment of time that was forced by the criminal behavior of another.

I had hoped there would be at least one juror willing to refuse to allow that to happen, despite her blunder.

Very few police officers would make the blunder Potter did. She knew from the moment it happened what the result would be.
Her best hope was that the jury, or a juror, would not allow her to be held criminally responsible for a decision made in a moment of time that was forced by the criminal behavior of another.

I had hoped there would be at least one juror willing to refuse to allow that to happen, despite her blunder.

well at least one juror held out for a day or two before changing their verdict/ mind.

Here's a rather interesting article authored by Professor Dershowitz.

In my opinion, the professor accurately describes what Potter did, as opposed to what she was charged with doing.

I also concur on the case being overturned upon appeal, as she may have been negligent or careless, her act wasn't criminal.

Even if it were, proving such intent is impossible.

Alan Dershowitz to Newsmax: Potter Has Right to Bail, Committed 'No Crime'

Back