Possible harassment

jeter2009

Jurisdiction
Texas
Been with this company for about 2 years now and recently had a new manager added to the team about 3 months ago. I'm an experienced employee and a top producer for the team and just come to work and put my head down and mind my business. The manager is clearly green at their position and doesn't have much experience in this industry. I have recently butted heads with this manager and have explained the ways we've been trained to get our job done. This manager is trying to come in and re-invent the wheel on some processes that cannot be changed per upper management. I've given feedback and have made changes to our workflows to avoid any further miscommunications with this manager. Recently this manager has sent me messages in our platform that were rude and unprofessional. After reading those messages the manager then calls me and advises that they didn't mean to send me that message in that tone. This manager has also exposed some of my mistakes via messaging app with some of my peers and making jokes that she needed a laugh and wanted to show my peers my typos etc. Ive been a manager before and would never do anything on this level to any employee. Many of my peers on the team feel the same way about this manager yet won't speak up. This manager has already been reported from an employee that left due to her bullying him on Zoom calls etc. Thoughts?

Been with this company for about 2 years now and recently had a new manager added to the team about 3 months ago. I'm an experienced employee and a top producer for the team and just come to work and put my head down and mind my business. The manager is clearly green at their position and doesn't have much experience in this industry. I have recently butted heads with this manager and have explained the ways we've been trained to get our job done. This manager is trying to come in and re-invent the wheel on some processes that cannot be changed per upper management. I've given feedback and have made changes to our workflows to avoid any further miscommunications with this manager. Recently this manager has sent me messages in our platform that were rude and unprofessional. After reading those messages the manager then calls me and advises that they didn't mean to send me that message in that tone. This manager has also exposed some of my mistakes via messaging app with some of my peers and making jokes that she needed a laugh and wanted to show my peers my typos etc. Ive been a manager before and would never do anything on this level to any employee. Many of my peers on the team feel the same way about this manager yet won't speak up. This manager has already been reported from an employee that left due to her bullying him on Zoom calls etc. Thoughts?

You could look for a new job...but there isn't any illegal actions going on. Just bad management.

I'll tag @cbg ,who is our HR expert, for her option.

This does not constitute any form of illegal harassment under employment laws, sorry. Sometimes a bad manager is just a bad manager.

You can, and should, report it to HR, but since it's just bad management and not illegal harassment, they may or may not take action. And it goes without saying that if they do, they will NOT tell you what action was taken, or even IF action was taken.

This manager is trying to come in and re-invent the wheel on some processes that cannot be changed per upper management.

That is between the upper management and the new manager.

Thoughts?

Nothing you have written rises to the level of illegal harassment. You should report rude and unprofessional communications with HR or upper managment.

But keep in mind. They hired this new manager for a reason.

Back