Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Possesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALA2690

MY HUSBAND WAS CHARGED WITH POSSESION OF POT BUT THE THING IS HE DIDNT HAVE ANY POT AND WHAT THEY FOUND WAS A POT PIPE AND THEY FOUND IT IN HIS CAR THAT HE HAD LEFT AT A MCDONALDS WHILE HE WHENT OUT WITH A FRIEND AND THE PIPE DIDNT EVEN BELONG TO HIM. WE DONT EVEN KNOW WHY THEY SEARCHED OUR CAR . THEY JIMMYED THE LOCK AND FOUND THE PIPE AND CAME TO MY HOUSE LOOKING FOR HIM HE WASNT HOME SO THEY SEARCHED LOOKING FOR HIM AND THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE A WARRANT. THEY DIDNT HAVE A WARRANT TO SEARCH OUR CAR EITHER ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS RUN THE PLATES AND THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN THE CAR BELONGED TO US THEY HAD NO REASON TO SEARCH IT WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

I can't believe that they searched the vehicle without proper suspicion. Was the pipe laying in plain view?? What reason did they give for searching the car??

The way you explain it, it was an illegal search procedure, and you, or your b/f, should not be charged with anything.

Take it to court, if you're sure they had no rights searching the car, and it should be dropped..

My thoughts are the same as Rathi's and it seems like we are missing something very big here. It makes little sense that officers would randomly choose a car and jimmy a lock to perform a search without even having any motive. There seems something we are missing here, which is not to say that the search was lawful.

Originally posted by NALA2690
MY HUSBAND WAS CHARGED WITH POSSESION OF POT BUT THE THING IS HE DIDNT HAVE ANY POT AND WHAT THEY FOUND WAS A POT PIPE AND THEY FOUND IT IN HIS CAR THAT HE HAD LEFT AT A MCDONALDS WHILE HE WHENT OUT WITH A FRIEND AND THE PIPE DIDNT EVEN BELONG TO HIM. WE DONT EVEN KNOW WHY THEY SEARCHED OUR CAR . THEY JIMMYED THE LOCK AND FOUND THE PIPE AND CAME TO MY HOUSE LOOKING FOR HIM HE WASNT HOME SO THEY SEARCHED LOOKING FOR HIM AND THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE A WARRANT. THEY DIDNT HAVE A WARRANT TO SEARCH OUR CAR EITHER ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS RUN THE PLATES AND THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN THE CAR BELONGED TO US THEY HAD NO REASON TO SEARCH IT WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back