Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse possesion on marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonro

I was pulled over on friday night and long story short the officer asked to search my car. I said yes because i had nothing to hide, during the search the officer found a half a joint buried in the ashtray. I did not know it was there and it was not mine. I bought the car about 6 months ago and assume it must have already been in there. Question is there anyway to get this dropped because i didnt know it was there?

I was pulled over on friday night and long story short the officer asked to search my car. I said yes because i had nothing to hide, during the search the officer found a half a joint buried in the ashtray. I did not know it was there and it was not mine. I bought the car about 6 months ago and assume it must have already been in there. Question is there anyway to get this dropped because i didnt know it was there?

No. It does not matter if you did not know it was there, it is your car, you are in sole possesion of the car and it is your responsability to make sure nothing illegal is in your car. Sorry its not the answer you want to hear but that is what it is..Good luck.

One more thing, do you know how many times the police hear that story???? TONS. If this is your first offence then you can probably get the first time offenders program and stay clean for a year and it will go away. Get an attorney and he/she will go over your options and do whats best for you.

shannonro said:

Your ignorance of the half-joint may not have worked on the street, but it might work with a jury.

It isn't possession if it wasn't yours, is the only defense you have.

It us plausible that the old joint had been left there by the previus owner.

Talk with your lawyer about it.

This won't amount to much anyway, unless you have other drug arrests on your record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah if it REALLY was'nt yours, go to trial, and take the stand, and plead your case to a jury of your peers. I would do it on principal alone. Then again, if you knew about it, its very risky to go before a jury. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back