Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Police Harrasment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rseabolt

Hello, I just today have been pulled over twice. The first time was for a car matching mine had been reported as a gas drive off did not take long and they let me on my way. Then a few hours later I was coming from my sisters house and was pulled over again for driving to slowly and as the cop said I was swerving. I was driving slower than usual we have had freezing rain and i told the cop it was slick and he said very quickly "it is not slick" The officer asked for my license and Insurance. I gave him insurance and i had left my licenses at home so he asked if i new my DLS # asked my name and he went back to his car and i waited there for about a good thirty mins. Gradually more cop cars showed up in total there were five cop cars before it was all over. He asked me to get out asked me to turn around and started patting me down. (this was not the original cop who had stopped me) I asked what was the purose of this he said just checking. Told me this was just routine make sure no weapons or anything. They moved me to the front of the car and told me they were going to bring the k nine out. I got searched again and asked for all my information again and started asking me questions about a cousin of mine. They asked me if i was cold and if i wanted to get in the car I said yes, but i thought they meant my car, but no they put me in the front seat of the police car. Then they brought the dog out and he went around (the cop looked funny as he went aournd the car like he was laying on the car and sliding around it) found nothing, the second time dog put his paws on the driver side door(emediatlly) and was sniffing inside the window(which i had origionaly rolled down both windows cause i have dark tinted windows and it was dark out side) Dog went around again in total of three times. Then they started asking me did i want to tell them anything had i been doing something in the car that i needed to tell them about? The said the dog hit on something so they seached the car put me in back seat of cop car and seached the car found nothing dumped my astray on my car seat(got pics) they searched the car for about twenty mins. In all I was there for about 2 hours and they let me go with a warning for not having my drivers license. I dont get, it so i have a cousin they are trying to get something on (and he wasnt even in the car) does this give them the right to do this to me? Im not sure what is going on, but am i going to have to be pulled over and have this happen to me? Can they do this I belive they made up the story of the gas drive off and I never swearved to be pulled over the only worngfull thing i did tonight was not have my drivers license on me and they didnt even do anything about that??

Thank You,
Carmen Arriaga
email: bettyboop32@cableone.net

Was there a warrant out for the arrest of your cousin at the time you were stopped? If not, does your cousin, or any immediate family member, have a prior criminal record? Is your car registered in your name, and has it ever been registered in your cousin's name?

These are just basic questions. Please respond a.s.a.p., as I feel you would probably serve your best interest, as well as your cousin, if you documented a complaint with the Chief of Police, however, I need to know the answers to the above questions first.

I think our son is being harassed by the police. When he first moved he got a speeding ticket and he too did not have his license with him. A few weeks later his apartment was broken into while he was overnight at our house about 3 hours away. The person that broke into his apartment kicked in the back door and stole video games and such. When his roommate came home he contacted the police and when they came over made a comment on the sloppy apartment. It is very sloppy but they are young so I would not expect much. They took a VCR for prints.

He and his roommate confront who they suspect broke in to their apartment in a well lit location away from the apartment. Later that night the suspected kid and a group of his friends show up one with a knife and one with a gun. Our son calls us at 2:30 am and proceeds to tell us what is going on. Living 3 hours away is not easy at this point. I tell him to call the police and he said the police were not interested in the break in and were blaming him for it. No renters insurance police please give me a break he would hock it.

That same weekend he had a few friends over and in walk these 3 girls that he did not know. They were drunk and rude. He told them he did not know them and they were not being nice so they had to leave. They went out to their car a play the car stereo and are drinking in the car. The police arrest them and ask where they got the alcohol and they say from my son.

The police made an agreement with them if they tell where they got it they would get off on all charges. They ask to search his apartment and he said no he knows his rights. They did not have a warrant. They charge him with 3 counts of providing alcohol to a minor oh our son is 19. If he has alcohol then someone got it for him or a business sold it to him. Both are illegal. There were other people there that night. They should have tested everyone but they tested no one.

Then a few weeks later his roommate takes his rental car our while my son is not at home. He gets a DUI in our rental car which of course was taken away. The police proudly boast we have our sons name oh nope it is just his room mate. The police said that they are going to charge our son who is not home with the providing alcohol again. He was not even home. There was no alchohl when he left. They also did an illegal search of their apartment. Both the roommate and my son were not home but the roommates guests were still there and they let themselves in.

They keep telling him he is going to get evicted. I know they called the landlord about the breakin and told him they thought he had something to do with it. They are trying to get him evicted. They tell him they think he is a drug dealer and on drugs. (FYI he has to take drug tests for work).They tell him his out of state drivers license has been suspended. If they see him driving they are going to pull him over and will charge him with driving with a suspended license. How would they know before he or we would. Where we live you would have to turn it in. We have had no contact from the DMV and our address is the one on the license so I think they are messing with him.

Then 2 nights ago the police come again say they have a warrant for his arrest. The office wrote it up in the car after they got him in the car. The arrested him again for the unpaid parking ticket which was less than 1 month old and again for the same charges of the 3 girls. This time he was put in Shackles and taken to the court house for 7 hours. They were very rude to him and when I called I asked if there was any information about him and the officer was laughing that they had him and I asked the person on the phone to please ask the officer to not make any remarks that would be upsetting to me I am his mother. Then the man was rude to me told me they hear rude remarks all the time and that I was calling there so basically tough. I was merely hoping they would put themselves in my position respect me and my wishes but that was not the case.

The officer that is causing the most trouble for him told him why they are upset is because they think our son has information on a black male that has been holding people up at gun point. Our son encountered this person when they confronted the suspected people from the apartment break in. This person pulled the gun on our son. Our son even gave the plate number of the car to the police when he seen the kid driving around. Turns out the kid crashed it and it was stolen. Then he stole another car and crashed it into a gas station. He has held 2 or 3 people up at gun point on the block our son lives. Our son insists he does not know the kid but the police are making things very hard for him.

One final thing after he was released that night a friend came over to return his phone he borrowed. The police followed him to just the end of their jurisdiction put on their lights and pulled the friend over. The office asked it this person was trying to see my son. At first they hesitated then the officer said I seen you there. Don't go there he is bad and told them if they go there again they will be arrested. Is all of this legal.

Oh the VCR was returned that night with pieces falling off and broken. Real nice of the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back