police harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

d028835c

To whoever it may concern.... I just had a few questions about the police in my hometown. I feel like my privacy and rights are being invaded. Just a few minutes ago a random person came to my door saying that they just talked to the local police who I know by name (its a small town). Apparently the police told this person that we (my roomie and I and one friend) were being too loud and that the next time, they would be the ones knocking. I know I don't have much of a case here but we were sitting and talking at a conversational level. NO LOUD NOISES at all! I also wanted to ask what kinds of laws there are against the fraternization between the chief of police and the female judge responsible for the same municipality. This is no accusation, they are living together currently but are not legally married. I know where they live. It just seems that the system is unjust and corrupt. You get arrested by the police and have to see his girlfriend for your sentencing.
:no:

I just had a few questions about the police in my hometown.
Which is in what state?

I feel like my privacy and rights are being invaded.
What you "feel" may have little or no legal relevance.

Just a few minutes ago a random person came to my door saying that they just talked to the local police who I know by name (its a small town). Apparently the police told this person that we (my roomie and I and one friend) were being too loud and that the next time, they would be the ones knocking. I know I don't have much of a case here but we were sitting and talking at a conversational level. NO LOUD NOISES at all!
Okay. But, apparently, someone else nearby DID think the noise was too loud so they contacted the cops. Or, do you contend the police are just standing around outside assessing your noise level for some reason?

I also wanted to ask what kinds of laws there are against the fraternization between the chief of police and the female judge responsible for the same municipality.
No problem at all. Unless some form of malfeasance can be shown, this sort of thing can happen. I live and work in a small county and associate regularly with judges, prosecutors, and even (gasp!) defense attornies! It happens.

This is no accusation, they are living together currently but are not legally married.
Then the defense can use this to ask for a different judge in any matter concerning the chief's agency being brought before this judge. Even if denied, it might be grounds for appeal if clear bias can be shown.

It just seems that the system is unjust and corrupt. You get arrested by the police and have to see his girlfriend for your sentencing.
Don't you first have to be convicted?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back