Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Police brutality could I win any type of settlement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. What should I do if they ever do come back to harass me? They told me they knew where i lived and I'll be seeing them again.

Their intentional desire to cause stress and anxiety is definately actionable.

BUt ask yourself, do you really think they'd ever admit to saying that, even in court? Probably not. . . that's what you're dealing with. To me you do seem to be a little naive about how police often conduct themselves.

Good Luck. If I were in your shoes I'd probably try to find a good therapist in the area. . . it might help.

Hi raskalnikov the clothes policeofficers were patrolmen and the plainclothes one were detectives. Who I believe rank higher than pantrolmen which is probably why they didn't want to go against their superiors and help me. Even though they could see I hadn't done anything to warrant an arrest.

Hi raskalnikov the clothes policeofficers were patrolmen and the plainclothes one were detectives. Who I believe rank higher than pantrolmen which is probably why they didn't want to go against their superiors and help me. Even though they could see I hadn't done anything to warrant an arrest.
Detectives do not effectively "out rank" patrolmen. But, the patrol officers would not have known what was going on, and are not likely to second guess the detectives in the field. But, your attorney can certainly call them as witnesses at trial and at any civil suit.

- Carl

yeah I thought about that but I'm afraid with the "blue code of silence" they won't be willing to say the truth and might go along with whatever the detective's version will be. Especially since these guys are the ones who have to work with them everday :( I hope if it does come down for them to be witnesses though they do just say what they say and heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back