POA and or Conservator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedhere

My parents created a DPOA and named me as their agent. Dad has Alzheimers and mom's health is ailing. My brother and I have cared for them for years and recently, my dad needs 24hr care so we placed him in a senior community that has a memory care section. Also- we are moving my mom into an apartment in the same community so they can "still be together" For this transition to work we need to sell our parents house. Step daughters and non-present family members have appeared out of nowhere & suddenly care deeply AND are contesting our decision to sell the house and the move of my mom. As a result of my mom's siblings coming over and telling her we just want to put her away, my mom's health is not well. she is depressed. worried. crying. confused.
Will the POA hold up? Can these people get a conservatorship and override the POA appointed agent? My parents dont have a lot of money even with the sell of the house. Should I get a restraining order for these harassments? Not sure what to do, or if I am already covered. thanks for your input. Ted

If you feel it is needed to protect their best interests, use your POA to file for conservator-ship yourself. The court will likely favor you over another family member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back