Naturalization, Citizenship PLease need urgent Help regaridng Citizenship .

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizenship

Citizenship application Need urgent Help please .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - Texas

Living in United States since almost 9 years as Permanent resident through my US Citizen Wife i have two issues need to be answered before apply for Citizenship ,

1 - in 2003 Me and my Wife had argument ended up in Court , paid $500 fine no probation or any other punishment . just $500 Fine . reduced to ( Misdemeanor C Assault 22.01 ( C ) ) , actual charge was ( Misdemeanor A ) since then 7 years past and i did not have single problem with my wife or with any other person . i don`t know how this will affect my Citizenship Status ?

2 - after reading all the questions regarding my Criminal History in application N-400, i decide to go back and check my I-751 Removal Conditional Status application applied in 2004 and found that question asking if i have ever been arrested my wife check box ( No ) even this days i can not find the answer why we said no because there was no reason for us to lie about it ...in the Court Judge told us that its not deportable offense but some how we checked the box ( No ) , i mean my wife she was always filling up the applications for me because of my limited English , i mean at the time of application i was not even able to speak or Read in English but i don`t know this is a real excuse , i mean i know this is something important and i really need help , another thing is i talked few different lawyers and they all telling me different stories , one says your application may deniad , other says they might put you in deportation process , other one which is worst says they can even detain me during the interview until deportation process finalized ! how scary is this ! i mean i have fobia i can not be locked up indoors this is the worst thing can happen to me , i don`t undersatnd why they would arrest me for something happened 7 years ago and alraid paid fine . i am not illegal emigrant so please i need advice , will they arrest me during the interview if they decide to deport ??? or what will happen please ?

Best Regards ,

PS : Me and my wife got divorced last year but still living together , she already wrote me a recomendation letter but i don`t know how much it will help in my case ...

You may be allowed to explain this away.

I doubt you'll be arrested, if you're polite and cooperative. That said, you could be denied citizenship. You'll have to apply and see. The bigger problem is your divorce. That could hurt your chances more than anything else.

What are your visible means if support? How old are you? What skill, trade, occupation, or profession do you practice? What level of education have you achieved? How solid are your finances? Do you have healthcare? How is your health? Don't answer those questions here. Those are the questions that will really matter at your interview. If your answers aren't impressive, that will hurt your chances.

Heck, there are better countries than the US anyway. If they deport you, be happy, not sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back