1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Please help Other Criminal Charges & Offenses

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by John douglas, May 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. John douglas

John douglas Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Indiana
    I'm going to trial aug20 for intimation charges towards my ex ,so she says if I don't sign divirece papers she is gonna testify and it I do she won't .aint that blackmail?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You need to be speaking about this only to your attorney.

justblue likes this.
  3. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

You should not be posting on the internet about your criminal case.

As an aside, you should consider taking a remedial English class.

John douglas, sandyeggo and Zigner like this.
  4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Intimation? Did you mean intimidation?

What exactly does "sign [divorce] papers" mean? What papers specifically does she want you to sign? Is she (and are you) aware that she can obtain a divorce without you signing anything? Is there some reason why you wouldn't want to sign the papers?

Regardless, you should discuss with your criminal defense attorney whether your wife's proposal can be of any benefit to your defense against the criminal charge.

5. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Oh my goodness, why are being persecuted for simply intimating, as in SUGGESTING?

Definition of intimation : an indirect, usually subtle suggestion, indication, or hint; such as intimations that she may retire from next year.

It can be any time from the earliest intimation of fall, when wetland maples turn a searing red, to the third week of October, when gaudy leaves carpet the forest floor.

Red Kayak likes this.
  6. John douglas

Yeah I'm not the smartest but I sure ain't talking shit to ppl I'll never see to make me feel good .Hope you feel good about talking about ppl .I'm sure you do that alot on the internet

7. John douglas

My fault I tried to get help but I messed up intimidation and you cool ass people talk crazy .

8. John douglas

I meant intimidation.i didn't spell check it

9. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

Without the attack. NEVER discuss a criminal case online! These post can wind up in court and used against you! Talk to your Attorney or get a free office visit. But NEVER post details on any court case online where ANYONE can see.

10. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

See also: Please help

11. John douglas

see.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you , but isn't it illegal to do that tho

12. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

Yes, blackmail aka extorsion is illegal. You should discuss your STB ex's action with your lawyer.

13. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

What a GREAT question for your attorney to answer.

14. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

But that doesn't necessarily make what the STB ex is doing "blackmail" or "extortion".

15. John douglas

She's trying to say she will testify for the state against me if I try and fight the divorce or get something from her

16. sandyeggo

sandyeggo Member

She's going to testify against you regardless so get used to that idea because it's going to happen. What do you want to get from her?

justblue likes this.
  17. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

Hence the second sentence.

Zigner likes this.
  18. Red Kayak

Red Kayak Well-Known Member

No. It is not blackmail: she wants to be rid of you. Period. And apparently you are unwilling to let her go.

Is she asking for something unreasonable in the divorce settlement? I'll assume we are not talking about significant assets, so the only thing worth quibbling about is the parenting/support of child(ren).

I note that 1) you haven't mentioned child(ren) and 2) you haven't said the charges against you are baseless.

I have observed from your subsequent posts that you are coming across as a person who may indeed be guilty of the charges against you. Regardless of whether you sign the divorce papers prior to your trial, I think you could greatly benefit from some therapy/counselling for anger management. In particular, should you go to trial, acknowledging that you have a problem and taking steps to address it will reflect favorably on you.

army judge and justblue like this.
  19. John douglas

I note that 1) you haven't mentioned child(ren) - all 3 of my children are over age

I have observed from your subsequent posts that you are coming across as a person who may indeed be guilty of the charges against you. - so just me asking a question made you think I'm a violent man who raised 3+ kids and hasn't been to jail since 1998 sorry you are wrong .but I ain't gonna judge you and talk to you like shit . I had a bad day I carona and no where to go my girl that passed away a year ago from may 10 was on my mind and nobody would help so I didn't want to be alive so I said somethings hoping to die u til I talked to my daughter and calmed down and went to jail .I've joined a treatment so I don't fall back to drugs (wasn't on drugs when arrested ) and also therapy to help with my loss .and none of it was court ordered so me getting treated like shit by my ex is funny to you then whatever I'm not a bad person and you won't get me out of character . No anger management sorry Regardless of whether you sign the divorce papers prior to your trial, I think you could greatly benefit from some therapy/counselling for anger management.

20. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You can't be this dense.

SHUT UP about this. You have now ADMITTED to the crime - heck, with a defendant like you, her testimony won't even be necessary.

Red Kayak and justblue like this.