Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the reason he wants me to go he said is so he can take me to the salon and prove its not me, i already called the salon and figured that all out, my mother is coming with me to pay, i just called them and asked if they minded me paying over the phone they said absolutely not whatevers easiest and they will ax the reciept to me...

fax the reciept*

but the reason he wants me to go he said is so he can take me to the salon and prove its not me, i already called the salon and figured that all out, my mother is coming with me to pay, i just called them and asked if they minded me paying over the phone they said absolutely not whatevers easiest and they will ax the reciept to me...

Have your wonderfully supportive mom to pay the salon over the telephone.
Make sure she adds a NICE tip for the operator, at least $50-75 after all this drama!
Think how much a fine and jail time would cost you!
Under NO circumstances should YOU or MOM appear at that salon.
They can fax you the receipt or email it one of you, preferably, MOM.
You can also get PROOF of payment (once the transaction has been processed) from the bank or credit card company!
Retain the proof, and say NOTHING further about this to anyone!
There is a reason people have the RIGHT to remain silent.
My advice, USE IT!

The detective can't force or command you meet with or speak with him.
I would simply tell him that the matter has been taken care of at the salon.
The salon has received full compensation.

No, you won't be in any trouble for lying to a cop.
Lying to an FBI will get you a potential felony conviction, not a cop.

So, tell the cop that upon advice of counsel, you have been instructed not to meet with the detective.
Furthermore, your attorney has advised you to invoke your right to remain silent.
Regrettably and respectfully, you have nothing more to say about this matter.

Last edited:
Why not just mail them a check with a return receipt? Write them a nice little letter explaining that you are sorry for they delay in payment since you had come to the store without enough money. Indicate that the check settles the balance... if they cash it then you have a receipt. If they don't cash it then you will have a return receipt from the post office indicating that they received it, which also helps you.

I wouldn't go to the appointment with the detective. No need to make things so easy for him. If he wants you bad enough he will come find you. I'm guessing he really doesn't want to waste his time with something so silly... but if you make it easy then he'll take it. You are under no obligation to go.

I think you have been given a lot of good advice. You have really gotten yourself into a pickle. When you get scared you can make it worse. I was going to tell you to immediately pay at a minimum $200, but it's too late for all of that. The more you do and say without legal counsel the worse it gets. At this stage, talk to a lawyer immediately and take what money you have to pay the attorney. Any more statements you make, and actions you take, could make it worse for you. I don't condone what you did, it was VERY poor judgment. I can see you want to do the right thing, but right now the salon is holding all the cards and you could get arrested. A lawyer may be able to negotiate on your behalf and resolve it.

It sounds like several days have gone by now since this happened and the more time the worse it looks for you. Now you've called the salon and made incriminating statements, spoken with a police detective and set an appointment you won't honor...it's getting worse. GET AN ATTORNEY! You need to have someone on your side, so you can stop looking over your shoulder wondering when they'll come after you or whether your freedom and livelihood is at risk. The attorney may be able to make the payment for you and have them sign something to squash this matter. He or she may let the salon know that if you're in jail and lose your job you won't be able to pay them. If they take you to court over an amount you're willing to pay, they'll lose time out of their lives going to court, etc.

Let a lawyer work it out for you, so you can have some peace of mind. I can't imagine how stressed out you have been over this whole thing. Do the right thing, and make some smart decisions now before it gets worse. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back