Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inamess09

Hello, and thanks to all who have taken time to read this. I am in quite a mess. I cannot find any information on my situation and it seems to be new territory to all. I currently have 2 children i was paying child support for. I was paying 717 dollars a month. I was working 120 hours a week as a paramedic at 2 full time jobs. I was never getting to see my children because of the amount of support I was paying I was forced to work these hours. I finally was fed up of not seeing my children so I quit one of my full time jobs which cut my income in half, which was ok for me so I could see my children more. A few months later struggling to survive I filed a motion to modify. The bottom line is my ex wife took me to the cleaners, and I believe the Judge to have been very unfair. He set my child support from 717 to 1034 stating I was working 2 full time jobs previously and I would go back to doing so after the hearing. He imputed income on 2 full time jobs, which I didnt even have, nor do i want to go back to, so now im forced to look for another job, sacrificing the life and time I want with my children. I understand imputing income on underemployed individuals, but imputing income like this to me is ridiculous. I have already paid over 5000 in lawyers fees to have my child support raised almost 400 a month. My question is, should I even attempt to appeal this decision to an appeal court. Or did I just get "out lawyered" and should accept this.

Yes you should appeal this, it will go in front of another judge. I think It is completely nuts that a judge would force you to work 2 full time jobs, even if you worked 2 before. Does your ex work? What state are you in? See if a fathers rights group can help you. What does your attorney say? Your situation really sucks and is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back